View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongcamejones View Post
Representing healthy sceptics: Medical Science research in the past has been inherently flawed, not robust, or vigorous and plagued by Massive Egos, has been shallow and narrow and has led to the prescription of vast amounts of unnecessary, expensive and dangerous drugs and has been easily manipulated by Big Pharm to research this and not that to prescribe this and not that. Most worringly, as a previous thread about MS proves, many neuros and medicos are unable to see the flaws in current treatments based on faulty diagnosis. They live in silos and will not consider they may be wrong.

Apart from that everything is fine, except I dont believe them about well.... lots of things, and I think thats reasonable based on the vast amount of info the internet has made available.

Jak
"Most worringly, as a previous thread about MS proves, many neuros and medicos are unable to see the flaws in current treatments based on faulty diagnosis. "

would you be more specific? parkinson's diagnosis involves identifying a specific set of symptoms, not doing laboratory analyses. they treat the symptoms, not the disease because they can't yet.
what flaws in current treatment? my conventional treatments reduce my symptoms, they may not be perfect but how are they flawed? please define flawed. i have tried iv glutathione, low dose naltrexone, chelation therapy, dozens of supplements and nothing has helped. i see a lot of promising treatments and research in the pipeline, a lot being done by non-pharma.

so i ask you, what specific pd research should be done that isn't being done, what treatments do you recommend that have independently been proven effective?? how should i treat my pd symptoms better than i currently am? and if if you do suggest something, please provide conclusive proof it works.

as anyone reading this board for awhile knows, most promising pd treatments have proven in larger trials to either not produce enough benefit and/or had too many side affects to not be approved by the FDA or couldn't be marketable. if i was a neuro i'd be skeptical of any new treatment that didn't have a peer reviewed clinical trial. heck, there is still a debate going on about the benefit of stents.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote