View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 10:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

[QUOTE=Sarah Mae;676276]mrsD,
I am just curious... are you a doctor?
Please don't take that as a critical question, but just a curious one

*** If you click on her profile, she identifies as a member of the "community help team" or something like that (which means she serves in a moderator capacity -- a designation available only from the owners of this BB). It also identifies her as a retired "medical professional".

*** I don't think she would want to specifically identify as a doctor, even if she was, because she is retired. As a licensed professional myself, I rarely share the exact nature of my license because despite any and all disclaimers I provide, someone unknown to me may "rely" on something I may have posted with unhappy results. They "lawyer up" and suddenly I'm involved in something I didn't intend to be involved with.

*** Just because her experience makes her fluent in medical terms and procedures doesn't necessarily give her any special powers in MY case...

*** There are also a lot of others here who have a lot of knowledge that they share. Over time (especially if their issues are similar to mine), you can find all sorts of helpful folks.

*** Of course, MrsD may respond to your inquiry as she wishes -- but I would understand if she declined to be more specific. OTOH, she may respond differently if you asked her a question in a private email not likely to be left hanging in the ether to be picked up months later and misunderstood.

*** Welcome to the board.

Cowboy

PS: I am finding some probable relief from Lyrica -- but I am currently trying a run with 600 mg a day. Fearful for the future of my teeth, but.......?
rscowboy2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (07-17-2010), smae (07-17-2010)