View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default emotional wreck lately, is it MS or meds or both?

I noticed I am not the only one who has been up and down lately. I am on this emotional rollercoaster that starts at happy and then goes quick and steep into depression and frustration then back up with anger, then sad again, then happy... this is all in the course of a day. It's insane. I feel insane. And when it is happening I can reckognize that it is happening and all I can do is cry about it.

I have noticed the "mental meltdowns" as we call it, do increase if I increase the dosage on my pain meds. Yet another reason that I only take a half of one at a time instead of full strength. But, it's summertime. And I have the kids, so broken back or not I have a house to run and things to do that require me moving around... which of course makes the pain worse and you can see how this rollercoaster gets started.

Doc tries to blame MS and tries to blame it as me being bipolar. Given the manic highs and lows, I would tend to agree... except for the fact that I only have them when I am on meds. I was having these issues right after I had my daughter and they said I was bipolar and put me on meds and I had these issues the whole time I was on the meds. stopped taking them and the issues went away, aside from the occassional panic attack which I was able to control.

Anyone else have these issues with anti-depressants and pain meds?

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote