View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 03:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just don't think that's fair to say about Dr. S...and Germany has been shut down for quite a while, so it's not even applicable any more.

If you haven't met Dr. S. or been treated by him, you have absolutely no grounds on which to judge him.

Thousands of RSD patients have been helped by ketamine. My doctor alone - Philip Getson - has been dealing with it for years (first with Dr. S in Philly, then on his own in Jersey) and has seen a good majority of his patients get their life back. He wouldn't still be in business if it didn't work, how would he keep his old patients or attract new ones if ketamine didn't work?? And how would he get insurance to pay?

I started low dose ketamine infusions on April 19th. I am now off Fentanyl, at one time I was up to 100 mcg. I do still take Fiorcet for headaches, and once every few days might need to take 5 mg of oxycodone. That is a huge difference in the strength of the meds that I need to control my pain, all because of ketamine. And I am back to work full time after a year off for medical leave because of my RSD. What an incredible gift....I just pray it lasts.

Throwing unproven accusations around about docs that have dedicated their lives to treating RSD patients strikes me as just plain mean. Dr. S. could have retired years ago. He was one of the first docs in the US to start using ketamine for RSD. And so far there is NO ONE to take his place at Drexel that is as devoted to taking care of RSD patients and finding a cure for RSD as he is. Patients that have met him LOVE him. And really, how much of a kickback could he be getting from a $50,000 fee for a coma when there hasn't been that many of them anyway? Please....

We need more docs like Dr. Schwartzman on our side. Let's not beat him up.

With the right docs, and at the correct levels, ketamine is very safe and very effective.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindi1965 View Post
I so agree with you Ada...If the first treatment doesn't work, then why keep continuing...Ketamine is a very dangerous drug, but I am starting to consider the infusions, pill or injections. Being placed in a coma is completely scary to me, especially watching people come out of it, if in fact they ever do. Ketamine can cause permanent brain damage, if used extensively and I do think that Dr. S has to be getting some kind of kick back....for those who have been put under, congrats, but the majority of stories that I have researched have not been so positive.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote