View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Glad you are BACK Lily

Hi Lily- So glad you are back from the surgery, even though it seemed strange and they shaved some of your hair! Wow! Sorry they had to do that. Yes, it is strange being awake in the OR and having them manipulate things inside you to ask "So darlin', how is that??" I admit being unready for the poke I felt as they inserted the needles for the Trial leads to pass, and I jerked on the table in the OR! Unpleasant for sure!

One thing of which I want to remind you as you begin to experiment with your Boston Sci remote is that once you establish a connection by holding down on the P button, you should be in your base program which in the OR your rep will have set up as the program you told them you wanted to have for starters. The programs are identified numerically, whether 1, 2,3, or 4. I was told they generally give four programs to the patient for this Trial experimentation week depending upon your responses in the OR. Your electric signal range should be set to the low side as you access a program. If you are experiencing the "Bee Sting" phenomenon, then you may be receiving TOO MUCH charge. Using the Down Arrow, you can click your signal to a lower and lower setting, all of the way to the minimum if you want to give that a try when you are ready. You may be one who requires less of a charge to thwart your pain signals from the nerves. Going low, very low, and working up with the Up Arrow, you may learn exactly where your tolerance lies.

This Trial week is all about experimenting, logging your results, and learning whether the stim device is a means and the proper means to better manage your pain. It is definitely not intended to heighten your pain experience. Definitely not.

I write about these thoughts since both being Boston Sci recipients, we should each be looking at the same remote control device. Hopefully, these thoughts may be of benefit once you begin again to experiment with your stim unit.

Best of luck! My hopes and prayers are definitely with you Lily,
Here if you need me for anything, anything at all,
Mark56 PJ
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-17-2010), Rrae (07-17-2010)