Thread: Father of twins
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up update

It was a week since Thomas came home. Thanks to Dylan(twin brother) a few questions came up. Dylan is learning to sit up. What sits up can fall. Dylan fell backwards and hit his head. Thomas' shunt is place 2-3 inches behind his left ear. Question #1 When Thomas is learning to sit up, is there a chance that the shunt will be damaged from the impact. Question(s) #2/3 When Thomas falls back on the shunt, can it rupture the skin? / crack his skull? No we wasn't told to get or were we given a helmet. We have a follow visit with Dr. Wruble on July 29th. Until then, does anyone have the answers to these questions?
Friday the 16th, Thomas had Physical Therapy. Daniel the PT said there was a great deal of improvement in just his cognitive and reflexive. Daniel said that this was a huge push in the right direction. Some physical improvements has been noticed. The opening and grasping with his right arm and hand. Before there was little activity. I pray that this continues to improve and accelerate.
If you have been in my shoes, and you recall anything that came up. Please let me know what happened and best way to deal with it, so I'm prepared.
tbirdowner86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (07-18-2010)