View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

To Randy... Thanks for that info. I've seen many rheumatology patients with various inflammatory problems use minocycline.
This drug has anti-inflammatory effects besides its antibiotic actions. Even in low dose, it can help periodontal disease and inflammation, at 35mg twice a day.

But I find the clindiamycin interesting. Good thing you are doing it IV, because it can really tear up the bowels.

You might respond the magnesium + Vit E... this is easy to do and not expensive. Magnesium opens the small blood vessels, and improves circulation.
Also here is some information about drug induced nutrient depletions with your drugs:

Minocycline (and all the tetracycline family) over long treatment times affects these nutrients:
depletes:
magnesium
Vits B1, B2, B3, B6, and B12
Vit K
Calcium
Iron
Inositol
Biotin
and the lactobacillus that live in the bowel

Clindamycin is only listed as affecting the beneficial bacteria in the bowel.

Here is a website with more examples of drug induced nutrient interactions. It is taken from the reference I use as well.
http://www.chiro.org/nutrition/ABSTR...orticosteroids

Many doctors do not follow the research done on these drugs after they have been on the market for a while. So the text is very useful, and I use it to help here for patients on long term therapies that may be causing side effects.
The reference is out of print, now, but there are other books, like The Side Effects Bible, which is written by Dr. Vagnini in more laymen friendly terms.
excerpt here:
http://www.enotalone.com/article/4624.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote