View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=mrsD;676491]To Randy... Thanks for that info. I've seen many rheumatology patients with various inflammatory problems use minocycline.
This drug has anti-inflammatory effects besides its antibiotic actions. ..........

But I find the clindiamycin interesting. Good thing you are doing it IV, because it can really tear up the bowels.

You might respond the magnesium + Vit E... this is easy to do and not expensive. Magnesium opens the small blood vessels, and improves circulation.

Also here is some information about drug induced nutrient depletions with your drugs:

Minocycline (and all the tetracycline family) over long treatment times affects these nutrients:
depletes:
magnesium
Vits B1, B2, B3, B6, and B12
Vit K
Calcium
Iron
Inositol
Biotin
and the lactobacillus that live in the bowel

---QUOTE]

MrsD,

Thanks for the terrific information and links. I will check out the links.

Since I have not posted enough here, I can not provide links back, but if you email me or send me a personal message through the board, I'll give you the link that provides the medical details about how the AP protocol works and keeps the micoplasma infection bugs at bay, etc..

I do take vit E and vit E with Silenium along with many other sups. I look forward to providing you more details.

Ref Magnesium, you are right about Minocin's effect on Magnesium, I have been taking up to 1000mg Magnesium Citrate and 1200mg Calcium recently. The magnesium stopped the calf cramps I would experience during the Clindy IV's.

Ref AP and it's effect on the bowels, I take tons of probiotics; but you're right, Yeast infections can result if one does not counter properly with the probiotics.

I look forward to investigating Vit K and the others. I take 1 MegaFoods B Complex twice daily currently. I used to take a lot of Vit B1, B6, and B5 seperately. I take 1 sublingual Methyl B-12 (1000McG) daily.

Question: What about Lecithin? Does it help PN? According to a book which was referred to me (and I have not read it), The Immune Restoration Handbook by Konlee and LeBea, the lemon/olive drink (this is pretty well known to AP folks) with Lecithin granules is supposed to rapidly heal neuropathy.

Randy
RandyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote