Thread: Rotation Menus
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 08:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RathyKay View Post
...how do you handle school lunches versus supper? ...roughly a 24 hour "exposure" period.
I think the 24 hour exposure period is okay. Better than no rotation at all.

If you can get ahead enough, (we rotisserie chicken too - almost all the time, it's SO GOOD! ) then the leftovers are left for lunch (3 or 4 days later, when it's chicken day again. So, essentially, you're eating leftovers for lunch (I love chicken salad!) and then fresh chicken (with the lovely crispy skin) for dinner on the same day.

We often have chicken soup for breakfast also. It didn't used to repeat but is now. Also, it has always repeated if we have a 'contamination' event happen, because we use the soup broth to flush our systems.

The apples were a slip in the menu (I put that in there fairly rushed)... but we do tend to eat apples really frequently sometimes (also, it depends what I can get that's organic).

Now that our sensitivities are less (as can happen over the years) there are some things I don't stress about the way I used to. Still, if I can, I try and rotate the fruit weekly.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote