View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:22 AM

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by april05 View Post
ok I think all this happend in a year time span, maybe less, He started out with numb hands and then he was tripping over things, so he went to the dr. they did one of those tests that they stick a needle or somthing in his skin and test his nerves and it came back that he had PN, and it was probably caused by his alcholism, but he did have diabetes but it went away because he lost weight... but then he was found in the snow and my brother found him passed or somthing and all his symptoms happend after that so I dont know what really caused it but it progressivly got worse and he ended up using a walker and then he finally ended up in a nursing home in a wheel chair, well he was having trouble doing many things and then he got to the point to where he couldnt feed himself anymore and had to be in a supported wheel chair, and then he ended up going to the hospital because he was having trouble breathing and he had pneumonia, he ws sent to another hospital and admitted to ccu and and went into a coma like state because of his oxygen levels , he was put on a c-pap and the dr. said that he would probably die of starvation because he wasnt eating and the antibiotics wasnt working fast enough and even if he did get better he would have to be put on a trach for the rest of his life because he couldnt use his muscles to breath because of the PN , he wake up two days before he passed away and we got to say good bye to him...I was pretty upset at the fact that he died cause I thought he would only be paralyzed the rest of his life but my sister and him knew that he would eventually die from it.

I am scared that the same thing is going to happen to me, another thing I am wondering about is why is it not so bad when I wake up and it gets worse and worse as the day goes on? And why do the symptoms constantly change to differnent areas in my body and the accual symtoms change to..its really weird, and what really scares me is when it goes to my throat and I cant feel my food go down my throat.
My sensory PN is like that too, some PNs are typically like that: light in the morning and then grow more painful as the day proceeds with the most pain at night. I think sleep has a great effect on my pain level and even tho' my meds may be wearing off during the night, if I'm asleep, the body's natural pain killers take over, I've read. It works for me. But I've also read other PNers posts that their days are not like this....not everyone is the same.
dany is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote