View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Macs, Ipods and Iphones

I have had my MacBook Pro for over 3 years. I had the extended service plan and it was wonderful, it paid for itself. After the warranty was over, the hard drive started making noises. As a preemptive strike, we put in a 500 gig hard drive and that is great. I have to say to people who are trying to decide whether to buy a Mac or not, that you will save so much time just in not updating and running all the security programs all the time, or dealing with the malfunctions. Sure, you can get Mac security programs (which isn't officially encouraged by Apple) but they are so fast. I absolutely hate PCs now.

I have had 3 IPods, one I gave to my husband, I still have a newer Shuffle, and my most expensive newer one with all the features I gave to my son. I am ambidextrous but use my left hand for most everything except for writing -- I used my left hand for writing when I was younger but my mom had a fit and made me use my right hand. All of this to say that holding the Ipod in my left hand did not work for me -- this was 3 years ago so not related to the new IPhone 4 problem. I could not get it to do anything. My son has no problem with it. I really like my newer Shuffle a lot.

I have the IPhone 3GS 32 gig, with the newest upgrade software. I don't understand why people are getting the IPhone 4 when you can get this one for $200.00 less. Very little difference in features, and it works. Best Buy is one of the few places that is still selling it new. I have also used a Droid. I have to say that the Droid is an IPhone-want-to-be. They still have a lot of bugs in them, at least the one I had. The Droid apps are flakey, expensive, and you don't know who you are giving your credit card number to; at least with the IPhone, the app charges are going through the ITunes store.
lyndarva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-19-2011)