View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tremor & Fibromyalgia

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a year ago. I also have thoracic outlet syndrome and chronic pain syndrome. Honestly, I don't know what I have and the doctors I've seen can't seem to come to any agreement on the diagnosis. I am being treated with pain meds, muscle relaxers, anti-depressants, etc. The name of the problem isn't as important to me as being treated properly for the pain.

Basically I have chronic pain in my upper back and bilateal upper extremities due to a neck injury; but I've always had pain and weird symptoms for 20+ years, so not sure if they are related. The pain also starts in my hips and radiates down my thighs, sometimes to my feet. No objective findings.

As to the tremor, I've had that in my arms and hands for 25 years (since about 20). After several incorrect diagnoses, a very good neurologist (good in that I respect him and he listens) diagnosed me with "essential tremor". It is not parkinsons or MS. It is just a tremor that my body seems to need to do. The neurologist told me it can be controlled with muscle relaxers, but I passed on the treatment. It doesn't really bother me, so I just tremor away!

Good luck,
Dawn and her wonderful service dog Polar
DawnandPolar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote