View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 02:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TO surgery 3 weeks ago

I was involved in a car accident Nov 09. My life has not been the same since. An 18 year old ran a stop sign and T-boned me and totaled both cars. Eventually after symptoms started to appear had Cervical Fusion Surgery C5-6-7 at end of March. About 7 weeks later I was diagnosed as having thoracic outlet, both sides, right side worse. After much thought I decided to have my right side done 3 weeks ago. My brother had to have both of his sides done over the last 20 years which helped in my decision to do it. My surgeon, who was his on his last side done, is one of the top in the area. I did not expect the pain, I was in afterwards, and the slow recovery. I am concerned that the TOS pain has really not gone away. My doctor seems to also be a little bit concerned but my brother did not get relief right away, so I am hoping with time the TOS pain will go away. The surgical pain and numbness is in armpit and back of arm (tricept), I am told, is normal and eventually will get better. That I can accept, but am still concerned that the TOS pain is still there, arm and hand. I was a mess according to the surgeon and he had done many first rib resection surgeries. Hopefully time will heal this to my satisfaction. Have not had PT yet. Hope that helps to although people I have heard have had mixed results.