View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I got notified by iChat this morning that I need to check in, so consider me checkinned.

After one horrendous month of madness, I am now a resident of NC and am super fatigued and not even moved in.

In terms of my life, God has the best sense of humor! He's always crackuppin' me with stuff, check out my daily devotional for this morning http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistr...lydevotionals/. So, this morning, I found a penny in the hotel elevator and thought little of it except, "Cool! Free money!!"

Off I went to sign and pay and inspect the new apartment here in NC, it was supposed to be freshly cleaned and move-in ready... supposed to be. To be honest, it was unacceptable and I do believe my mother would have smacked me if I had walked away leaving "cleaning" results like that. I have movers scheduled for 8:00am at $110 per hour and the apartment manager hemmed & hawed (in....... the ......... slllllllllooooooowwwwwww south.... ern... tradition), made a phone call and said that the "cleaners" would be back at 8:30am. Not good enough, unacceptable again.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Pod delivery is en route at T minus 45 minutes, so I bolted (as I do my bolting) up to Lowe's and began interrogating all the employees to refer me to an emergency cleaner with that anaaal-retentive sparkle in his/her soul. After much discussion and searching yellow pages (real paper ones! I had forgotten what they look like), Carrie remembered her friend and fellow student, Nicole. I could hear the angelic harps playing overhead. Nicole won't get out of class until 8:30pm and has agreed to lug her sleeping 2-yr.-old along to come to my rescue.

The Pod was delivered and after peeking in, to my relief, I was satisfied that the load had not shifted or tumbled.

Now, about 400 miles ago, my car started the rattle of fear to a spinster-gimp roadtripping alone and my immediate suspicion was the protection plate over the catalytic converter. I jumped online and discovered a great dealership literally at the next expressway exit from my hotel. They were able to confirm my suspicion and will correct the issue Wednesday.

So, at 3:42pm, I am very tired, fatigued by intense heat and have time for a nap before it's time to go meet Nicole who is interested in a weekly gig at my place! The next bonus is, she has a toddler to amuse me!

Tomorrow will be interesting, I hope and pray that all that stuff will fit into this little walk-in closet that I now call *gulp* home.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-19-2010), ewizabeth (07-19-2010), Jappy (07-19-2010), Kitty (07-19-2010), PolarExpress (07-22-2010), SallyC (07-19-2010), Snoopy (07-19-2010), soxmom (07-19-2010), Twinkletoes (07-25-2010), TwoKidsTwoCats (07-19-2010)