View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default reply on calf pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranecc View Post
Hello,

I am trying to find information regarding a feeling in my calf i have experienced in the past few days. I first noticed this around 9am a few morning ago. It felt like someone was shocking me with a taser gun in the back of my calf. I went straight to the Doctors office and he wanted to get an ultra sound done right away (possible blood clot). So I had an ultra sound done and no blood clot and the only possible conclusion was nerve damage. I did not notice pulling anything in my back or leg. Its weird, sometimes the pain will pulse and then go on for 15 mins without feeling a thing. Yesterday I didnt feel any pain for about 12 hours.
I have had these electric shock episodes in my left leg for ten years and mine is also connected with weakness in that leg. No one can give me a good explanation for them, other than it could be linked with MS which my neurologist refuses to say I have. I get injections in my thigh to the nerve branch and that may or may not help for awhile. I would see a neurologist to rule out other issues. He can do the nerve block if he feels he can "get to the spot." It is simple and just an injection. My physiatrist also does it for me since I can't get in to see my neurologist except as a scheduled followup. My pain woke me up in the middle of the night last night. The sharpness of mine makes me say it feels more like an ice pick or knife stabbing me.
lyndarva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-04-2010)