View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi

Hi,
A lot of people in Texas have bad allergies, I lived there 25 years. Some parts of the state are a lot worse than other places. There was one area I knew of that a lot of people would get sick with allergies just driving through it on the interstate because of what was growing there, etc. and people talk about getting Cedar Fever when the cedar trees go into bloom.

You said you walked into WalMart, did the symptoms appear as soon as you walked in or in a particular area or department? My son and I both have problems going anywhere with eucalyptus plants, even dried ones, and I know WalMart carries floral arrangements of various types. Obviously, perfumes and a lot of other things could have set your allergies off.

If you do have allergies, it is possible you are getting a reaction only on one side because you may have a blockage in your sinuses etc. on one side. Have you tried getting a saline wash or using a neti pot?

On food allergies, I have over 25 tested food allergies. I use Benadryl dissolve strips, that I can only order online now because most pharmacies don't carry them. I also have an EpiPen for severe reactions. With some of the food allergies I get, I can't swallow to get the food down - it gets impacted in the esophagus - and I have to use a dissolve strip to get it to settle down. Obviously, you can't swallow a pill if you can't swallow, so that is why I get the dissolve strips.
lyndarva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote