View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Keppra

I started reading this section because my husband has a long history of tonic seizures and thought I might be able to add something. Instead, I have learned quite a bit about Keppra. I have to take it for trigeminal neuralgia. I have the extreme fatigue and some of the other issues mentioned. My problem is I have tried to stop taking it but my trigeminal neuralgia immediately returns. I also take Lamictal.

I used to take topamax but it caused so many side effects. I was sick as a dog, I was losing all of my hair, it makes you dopey etc. Neurontin caused me a lot of problems also.

My husband has been on brand name Dilantin for years and years and as long as he takes it, he is fine. The neuro adjusts the dosage from time to time. You have to take Dilantin not the generic if you use it as it can cause seizures. Don't believe anyone who says that generic is as good as brand names, it has been proven otherwise for several medications. His neuro has to write a series of letters to our insurance company to get them to cover the brand name, because when they made him take the generic he had a really bad seizure and lost all signs of life. It took him over a year to get over that seizure.
lyndarva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (07-19-2010)