View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

The Fentanyl Patch totally shut down my autonomic nervous system. It is bad anyway due to the small fiber neuropathy but the patch really did it in. I had to stop it or die, basically. I know fentanyl works for some, but if some one is very young, and will likely benefit from upcoming research, I would be reluctant to use fentanyl. Altho, I have weaned from it twice and it is possible, not pleasant though. Dan, it is wonderful that the fentanyl has worked for you without the autonomic effects. A med that works can be a godsend. I haven't found one yet, and likely I won't due to the autonomic issues.

Instead of Tylenol with Codeine, Vicodin is about the same level, and no more addictive and slightly better on the stomach. I use that now and will not go back to fentanyl for now. My pain on Vicodin is the same as my pain on Fentanyl, and that is because nerve pain just isn't very responsive to opiates. Even this has autonomic side effects that are not very tolerable.

I need to go back and read posts to see what SarahMae's type of neuropathy is. With my new family members, I haven't had the time to follow folks on here as I used to.....since I am entering a bit of a relapse due to overdoing.....I likely will be here more.

I am so sorry you feel badly Sarah. Things usually come in waves, kind of like a roller coaster......I am notorious for pushing my good times and then plunging downhill until my next uptick.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote