View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Well Hello Sue!

Glad you found us in our little cyber-corner of the world
But, Gee Whiz I am sorry to hear of this mysterious pain battle you are faced with !
This is a very unique question !
It seems a bit odd that the docs want to pin the pain on 'nerve damage'.....as you said you were doing fine the first 5 years after your surgery. ?
When it comes to pain within the abdomen, that is certainly something of concern, as our major organs are there.
Is the pain like a 'burning' type of pain......or is it 'stabbing' ?
Is the pain constant, or does it come and go?

Have any of the doctors mentioned anything along the lines of possible internal RSD? (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy)
Sorry to bombard with questions,.... ! I'm just trying to get a better angle on this. To be honest, I have never heard of SCS for abdomen pain.....but maybe someone will speak up if they have.
Where does Doc want to put the leads? You said this affects your legs (weakness)......do your legs feel 'heavy' and are they in pain also?

This has me very curious....

Please stick around, Sue.....we may not have any answers, but we sure want to give you all the support and share what we DO know!
This could be a huge learning experience, and we are continually building our strength off of one another here.
I'm gonna do a bit of digging and see if I can get a handle on what the SCS has to offer in this scenerio you describe.....

Hang in there, you've got friends!!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-21-2010), Sophie_ (08-08-2011)