View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy One long stuttering apology?!

This is the worst and most distressing part of RSD for me and I am not adjusting to it well at all - it just got very bad very quickly for me over the past year. I often find I'm unable to follow conversations and seem to have lost a lot of logical processing and if i start to get upset it gets even worse - it's like my adrenalin goes into complete overdrive and every fire alarm in my body starts to ring.

Anyone have problems with speech - stuttering? I find that when my brain is in overdrive trying to deal with the pain, i start to stutter a lot, or just get stuck and can't talk at all. Suggestions for communication systems to help with this?!

Most people don't seem to understand this is due to RSD so it's 'good' to see others having the same issues - it's so hard to explain it to other people and I know some can't understand that because I'm in pain my brain gets stuck - that doesn't make sense to them! But the worst part is hurting even the people I know DO understand it - by misunderstanding or forgetting or seeming like I'm not paying attention or over-reacting - because even though they do know it's my RSD, sometimes it's hard even for them to see the real me underneath the way my brain is acting right then.

<sigh> sometimes it feels like living with RSD is a constant set of apologies to the people you love
smtac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote