View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tara,

You've come to the right place for venting and support that we all need when the pain starts taking over. Hang in there!! Everyone here is FANTASTIC about listening and getting you to smile which always makes the pain more tolerable!!

I'm sorry to here about the problems you're having with the SCS. If it has helped you get your life back in the past....please think about the paddle. I have the paddle and had to have bone cut out. I know it is more extensive than just placing the leads but think of what you may gain from it. I've had JJ (that's the name I've given my unit) since Feb of this year. It was slow moving for the first 4 - 6 weeks but I also was getting use to the settings as I had JJ set too high so it would tense up my muscles and cause more pain.

I've heard so many different stories......from people on this site to my own Dr. My Dr. actually gave me the go ahead to start golfing about 3 months after surgery. She said that because of the paddle those leads are VERY secure. She said that even if she were to go in and take the leads out (at that time) she would have difficulty. (Now, I haven't been mentally prepared to golf but I'm really really close.....as in I think I'm going to try it this weekend!!!) I have gotten such good advice on this site regarding people's experience and what they recommend. One point that was made was to wait until at least 6 months before becoming more active (other than walking) because even though you have the paddle, the leads from the battery to your spine are only secured by scar tissue. I think it really depends on your Dr, you as the patient, and what you both feel comfortable with.

Hang in there!! Remember you are surrounded by people who care!!!
kzlrogue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-20-2010), Rrae (07-20-2010), tchr012 (07-22-2010)