View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart (((Tara)))

I read your post in the intro's and am touched to tears!
This forum was made for you, Tara, and i'm SO glad you've found us!

I'm pretty much speechless at the moment, and am so thankful to see all the replies you've received from the 'A-List' of brave troopers here at NT......actually, there is no 'B' list.....
The support here is beyond comprehension.

I know that feeling of being completely overwhelmed. But if you picture yourself as who you want to be 5 years from now, I bet you will be amazed at what can be done in your life with the determination and strength you have.
Take things one at a time and do your best to put things in perspective.
Stay strong on the positive aspects of what you've experienced so far......your SCS worked wonders for you. You had a terrible setback and things haven't been the same since you had your fall. BUT,
You have a husband by your side....time is on your side......
you have a good relationship with the Rep who wants that SCS to work for you again.....
If you end up having to 're-do' your implant and get the paddle leads, you'll probably look back on this and see that perhaps it worked out better for you in the longrun to have it done this way. There are several here who've had the laminectomy, and, yes, it's more involved than the percutaneous lead, but it's also a more 'solid' approach.....the chances of lead migration are much slimmer by having the paddles, so please don't feel intimidated by this. These SCS's are becomming more commonplace as the days go by and many MANY people are testifying that they've improved their quality of life beyond any expectations. You are familiar with what the SCS is all about, so you know that there is that goal to attain.
Try not to put too much pressure on yourself at this point in your life. You've got aLOT of ambition, which is great.....just try to take it slow right now....be easy on yourself and accept that your body is in a fragile state, but on your way to improvement.....
It will take time, but it'll be worth it in the longhaul. USE that wheelchair, or a 'walker' or whatever you need at this moment. The last thing you need is another bad fall. GET the testing done that the Dr's are wanting to do.....it may seem needless and questionable, but chances are they are doing most of this to rule out conditions, which is a good way to cover bases.....

Time is on your side, i said it once, but it bears repeating.
People have latched on to your posts because we see someone determined and deserving of a fulfilling life.
You've got the strength...... now you've got the support......
So glad you're here

Truly Caring
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-20-2010), msdilbert2 (07-21-2010), tchr012 (07-22-2010)