View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 AM

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member
Grin I found out my heart is in great shape!

I might as well post this, talking about worrying about autonomic PN....I'm reading this thread because I'm interested in the supplement testing too, thanks, will ask about most of those.

I've got SFPN and have wondered about autonomic too, glad to read your posts, Mrs. D. I've had PN for 11 yrs from being pre-diabetic found in a GTT, very important to check, and who knows how long I have been PD...

BUT, when my Dr. did an EKG b/c it had been 18 yrs since last one, there was a little something different on it and he had tests run on me. Did echo-cardiogram and stress tests and my heart is in great shape! I was so glad to find this out, it turns out that my EKG is normal when it looks like it did...it had been that way the last time too, 18 yrs ago, different Dr. but this Doc had said he thought I might have an enlarged heart and that was not said before, so....I went along with the testing. But I was glad to know everything was so good and that means major blood vessels are not blocked or narrowed either. So like Mrs. D says, just b/c we have SFPN or diabetes, it does not mean something else is going to happen. My great-grandmother, great-aunt, and my uncle all had diabetes and all lived to old age and I don't think any had autonomic ailments. Only my great-grand had "sensitive feet" and they weren't bad like mine. My dad remembered making something to hold the bedcovers off her feet when he was a boy.
dany is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote