View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart I understand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUReady View Post
Well , this pain is RSD related but maybe it will make me feel better writing about it like you said.....I Miss My Job !!! I spent 28 yrs as a firefighter and they were truly my 2nd family as we worked 24 hr shifts together....you say you will stay in contact and keep in touch , but some of my fellow firefighters I haven't seen in over a year . I miss the adrenaline rush of driving the firetruck with the sirens and air horn blowing....lol , I miss the horseplay and jokes we played on each other . I was scheduled to retire in July of 2011 so maybe at that time I will not think about it so much , but sometimes my mind wonders about what would I be doing today at the fire station (and what are they doing) . This is not so much a physical pain as a mental pain but it still hurts.....Hope all have a good night and take care !
RU ready...

I so understand your hurtful pain of being away from your 2nd family/work..Your glue and happy life at the firehouse... It is really sad ... RSD has just chistled away another portion of you/us. I too, had to leave my work in Dec. 09, in medical research for 25 years of my life due to my RSD... It has left my heart in a shambles.. I miss my people/friend connections..why just yesterday, 11 of the ladies from my building came by and brought me lunch... I am not sure how long, if ever the pain will lessen that we feel from losing our glue...I know it is taking a bunch out of me so far..But hold close to the memories and love of those friendships and fun cultivated there..As those are your blessings..so rich treasures and invite them by for a visit when you miss them the most as I am sure they miss you equally the same!!! And what a pick me up for you...

Bless you my friend...

Hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RUReady (07-21-2010)