View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cooling The Brain

Hi Waves,
I'm sorry to hear that your friends immune system isn't that strong. One thing that can be done to help reduce the sz. is to put a cool face cloth on your friends face and neck 3 times a day or more. I was in a medical study earlier this yr. and they found that people who have sz. the brain temp. will get a little higher than usual on days they have any sz. The did a study asking me to keep track of each time I yawned because yawning will cool the brain. I had to take my temp. 3 times a day at the same time and each time after I had any sz. on the days that I had the sz. the brain temp was higher which fired up the neurons in the brain triggering sz. and I have scar tissue on the right temporal lobe. By putting a cool face cloth on my face and neck 3 times a day it reduced my sz. greatly. I know over in the United Kingdom they are working on a microchip to help cool the brain and help people with MS, cerebal palsy, and epilepsy. My Grandmother had mini strokes that effected her speach and then she got alzheimers and that led to sz. It wouldn't surprise me if the scar tissue came from the stroke. I wish you and your friend only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote