View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulsp View Post
maybe it has to do with the ear ? sounds awful ...
i am new here and am looking for info about LENS
anyone have experience with this therapy they could share with me? i have multiple brain injury/PTSD etc....and am searching for alternatives to the medical / psych community that has pretty much said "oh well" ...
I understand the feeling of the medical community just saying "oh well".

I don't know about LENS. What is that?

It's possible that you're right with the ear thing. For about 4 months prior to the beginning of the headache, my tinnitus was really troublesome and I had horrible pressure in my left ear that seemed almost like it was full. It just wasn't. When that went away, the headache came. I'm not sure that those things are connected. People with TBI often have wacky things with tinnitus and inner ear-- as well as inner ear. Who knows.

I really do understand your frustration with the medical community. I'm going through some of that myself. It seems that many doctors spend so much time studying while in school that once they get finished, they really want to spend as little time thinking as possible. They have their lab reports sent to them already read with values determined. X-rays have been read by the radiologist with clinical impressions already givin for them-- telling them what to think in advance. They develop a sort of intellectual laziness.

There are some of us patients who do not fit into a docs preformed boxes. We may require more intellectual stimulation and thinking outside of the box to figure out. The intellectually lazy will just say, "ah, it's nothing". It's easier that way. It gets them off of the hook.

There is an old saying in the medical field, "if you hear hoof steps think horses, not zebras." That is true probably 90% of the time, but they can't lose sight of the fact that there are still zebras in existence. I have docs that will not even look to see what it is.

Last edited by Phyxius; 07-22-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Phyxius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote