View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Difficult to pin down

[QUOTE=rd42;677512]I have an research idea, does any one know where to begin looking for funding? Is there some master list in the sky for PD research besides the obvious MJFox and NIH?

Robert,

From what I have seen of government, private foundation, or corporate funding, there is no "one stop shopping" for research funding. Much of it is elusive and has to be hunt down on the Internet or collected in huge Grant directories at your local library. In fact, many larger urban libraries have a grants department with librarians solely responsible for gathering up all the acorns in one place. If you live near a big city, I'd first call the main city library and see if they maintain a grants database.

I'm sure you might know this, but most of the money will be set aside for research scientists, so if you are connected this way...super! If not, the money may be all the more elusive.

Finally, I have heard that MS patients funded a clinical trial of their own design, so that group would be a great resource. Trying to find that link...

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (07-21-2010), rd42 (07-27-2010)