View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default ohhhhh yes

....very familiar with how this can 'take over' our life....
or at best, everything has to be planned AROUND our pain.......

I'm simply not familiar enuf Re: the SCS for abdominal, so I am unable to give much feedback other than to say, if there is ANY chance of this giving you back your life and if you feel your Dr is VERY good at this, then do the trial!
Unless there are high risk factors that seem to outweigh the benefits.....
I certainly don't want to attempt to paint a picture of 'false hope', especially not being real familiar with all that this involves for you....

Take note of the 'negative' stories, but don't let them be the deciding factor in your case. Alot of times, the negative ones are the ones we hear about moreso than the successes, simply because the 'successes' don't feel the need to be on pain forums much...... meaning, they 'go on' with life .....
I'm very VERY grateful for the 'success stories' that remain here at NT as support for the new members who are coming to these boards desperately wanting feedback straight from the patients who have been thru these procedures.
My heart wants to encourage you to GO FOR IT (if you can do a trial period)..
so at least you'll know you've tried.
But, maybe in your case there is much more at stake.....
PLEASE let us know! We want to be the support you need!

I am very interested to learn more about this......you're helping us to 'grow' and become more aware of what the SCS has to offer!
People truly are wanting to get more information from the patient's point of view.....
I pray this is something that will offer you the much-needed relief you deserve.!!
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-21-2010), msdilbert2 (07-22-2010)