View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to Forum and Other Things

Hello all:

I was diagnosed with MG about 6 years ago and have treated it conservatively with Mestinon. During this entire time, I have been able to maintain my full time career. In the last year, I changed employers and the new position, while exciting, is way too much work and so very stressful. I've been here a year now. In April, my body crashed hard and I ended up in the hospital for 5 days. I've fully recovered from that episode but I am just worn out all the time. Mondays are my highest energy days and I accomplish so much. Today is Wednesday and I'm already feeling tired. By the time I get home from work, I am so exhausted and on the weekends all I do is rest and sleep.

So I wonder if anyone else here works full time? If so, how do you manage it? I want to go to part time but I don't know how to talk to my boss since I've not even told him I have MG in the first place and I've been here for a year. I've also thought about quitting work altogether. I really struggle through my day and am so tired by the end of the day it is all I can do to get home. I have 2 teenage boys and I find myself pushing myself so I can continue to meet their needs. I drink tons of caffeine in hopes that it will give me that boost I need to push through another day. I can't keep going like this. Something has to give. Is disability even an option?
WornOutInKansas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote