View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Gabapentin

I was supposed to take Gabapentin 3 times a day, 600 mg each time. I was falling asleep standing up! I now only take it at night - 900mg. I see some difference over not taking it at all which I did for a week, so I continue the nighttime only program which my doctor approved. And, of course, I sleep like a baby. I also have tried acupuncture and electrical pulses, neither of which helped me at all. I'm pretty well convinced that the chemo damaged my nerves severely and they ain't gonna be getting any better but I keep plodding along doing whatever I can to enjoy life. Walking the golf course it out, but there are still carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstpabl1 View Post
Hi. I discovered this forum last night and spent the last 6 hours or so reading thru it till I confused myself

Thanks to the folks that run it. There is a ton of great info.

I have neuropathy in the toes and fingers from chemo that ended last December. It got worse about a month and a half after chemo ended. Minor in the fingers and after reading the forum I'm much better off than most. I didn't know anything about this before.

I've been on gabapentin since Feb. I absolutely hate it. I try to only take 300mg's a day. My prescription is that 2x's a day. I'm in a fog. I gotta get off this crap

I read thru the suppliment section and am wondering if I'm on the right track. Today, I bought Jarrow Methyl B12 5000, Doctors Best Benfotiamine 150 mg, Acetyl L-carnitine 250 mg and Magneseum 1250 mg.

I probably can't get tested because I'm on Medical but will ask. Reading about B-12 deficiencies, I'm a good bet

Using the Suppliment Sticky I'm looking at Methyl B12 5000 mcg once a day?
500mg Acytyl once or twice a day? 300mg Befotiamine once or twice a day?
Magnesium twice a day? I picked it all up this morning

Yup it's a newbie question

Is it better to take them all together or separate them through the day and to start with a lower dose?

I would appreciate any guidance as this is new to me. Being a regular on many forums I realize what a PIA it is sometimes to answer the same things, but I swear I read asw much as my brain could handle in my gabapentin fog

Thanks
Mike
GolfPat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote