View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 10:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all and thanks Sue for the welcome and informative reply.

I'm so much better with Mestinon, but one part of my doubt is because I'm not actually diagnosed with MG.

However, one expert's article said that (because other diagnostic methods can miss some people with MG) docs should try you on Mestinon and if it really improves your muscle strength, then he says you have MG.

Because yeah, some of us can have a milder form or otherwise different (I think it's possible to have no facial symptoms at all, or none noticeable).

What you said about "willing myself to get it done" makes complete sense to me. Without Mestinon I generally have to push and make myself get into an extra stressed feeling in order to feel like I can get something done. I don't think that's healthy to have to do it for most things I want to accomplish, even simple things.

I am sensitive to medications and other things, and take only little doses of Mestinon... since I take less, it wears off fast. But if I raise the dose, I get more pronounced side effects and I prefer to keep those down.

I'm the same regarding once I tired myself out to a certain degree, then the Mestinon won't work / work anymore. Tiring myself out can be from activity while on Mestinon or it can be from activity while I wasn't on it.

I have trouble getting good sleep. Overheated... may not be as much of a factor for me, I'm not sure. Caffeine & alcohol... yes definitely. B12... I will keep that in mind.

Any other advice is welcomed
wondergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote