View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 09:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindi1965 View Post
I agree Jim, I pray for your wife everyday because I know she is way worse than me....I pray that she finds that little bit of strength inside her one day to be able to go through the motions of SSDI....I can tell you that they honestly put you through enough stress during the test. I have Cerebral Palsy and the nurse "scoffed" at me and of course said "you don't LOOK like you have CP" I should have comeback with something good, but I was in so much pain that it took everything not to punch her. They kept giving me directions so fast that I had to ask them to repeat what they were saying....very frustrating! And I'm not sure if he was an OT or a doc.
Thank you cindi. I'm sorry you have to go through this nonsense, it just makes me very sad, and very angry those in pain are treated this way. If you have a firm diagnoses, that should be enough as far as I'm concerned, end of story! I just don't get why I, a printer by trade, can feel for others, yet many of those who are in the medical field seem to have total contempt and mistrust of patients, I just don't get it. And if its because they want to weed out fraud, that's fine, but who in the hell fakes RSD? NO ONE CAN and not for long even if attempted.

One thing I've learned is there are many out there with RSD that are worse off than my wife. Yes, it has spread to her other limbs, swollen issues, color changes. If her original injury was her leg instead she'd be on crutches or a wheel chair but it was in her arm. A casual look at Suzy you'd think she is just fine, a closer look tells a different story all together. She's tough, refused any evasive treatment and I mean every, regardless. She tries hard to take the minimum amount of meds if possible to the point of severe pain, which bothers the both of us. The stress is the thing that hurts her RSD more than anything, I believe, in which this SSDI business is contributing to.
Take care cindi, I pray this witch hunt procedure is over once and for all!

jim
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote