View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

mrh,

Sorry to hear of your struggles. Been there, done that. Dropped out of pre-Dent program almost 40 years ago. I was almost straight A's during high school. I just had a year of B's after a concussion as a sophomore. And I had to deal with the Bakke Decision ( quotas limiting white males in admissions to med/dental schools)

First, lets focus on your ongoing symptoms. The tingly arms/hands is likely due to a neck issue. Have you had any chiropractic work done? A good upper cervical chiropractor may be able to help. Many Chiro's are usually good at waiting for settlement funds for payment.

You also may find a good Physical Therapist that can help. My chiro diagnosed Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. He referred me to a Rehab and Physical medicine doctor who got me to a good PT. The relief was almost instantaneous. It took almost a year to get my upper back stabilized. My left arm/hand had been tingling on and off for almost 1.5 years.

Tell us about your other physical symptoms. We likely have experienced them all. You need to consider each symptom individually. Some you have to get to understand and live with. Others can be resolved over time.

Have you spoken to disabled services at school. There should be some help for you. Tutors, note takers, extra time for exams. Currently, you should qualify for assistance under ADA, Americans with Disabilities Act. Yes, you are currently disabled. Accept it and ask for help. It will make you a better doctor down the road.

Sorry, I could not read your whole story. Too much for my demented brain. If I read it, I would probably need to take a nap for my brain to recover. PCS is a struggle.

Have you kept any kind of journal of symptoms? Charting individual symptoms can help you learn to work-around some and accommodate others. Most of us have developed a number of coping skills to deal with our ongoing symptoms.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote