View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My Drs don't believe I have MG, but I believe they are taught you have to have a lot more obvious symptoms if you have MG. My bloodwork didn't show that AchR antibody stuff like most MG people have. But luckily I still am prescribed Mestinon anyway.

I only take 12-30mg at a time. With 30mg that seems to be my max dose so that side effects are not too bad. They're still a pain because they last about 20-30 minutes and the good effects of Mestinon only last about 120 minutes, since it's such a small dose. When I take only around 15mg then side effects are low and I still get good effects. Less and shorter I guess.

That might be nice if I could take one pill and have it release slowly during the day. It's usually easy enough for me to just take an additional pill in 2-2.5 hours.

I rarely take more than 3 doses in a day though, on average it's more like 2... I really should take it more because without I get almost nothing accomplished. It just feels like I would crash/rebound more if I take too much. Maybe it would be okay to take 4-6 doses and get more done and still have 10+ hours a day off Mestinon.
wondergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote