View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
CVS should be able to special order this for you. This is done at the pharmacy.

Ask them.

One company is Butler.
CVS???? Just came from there. Not only do they not have them (didn't think to ask them to order it, I shall do this), but CVS has changed the whole store.

They re-did the whole store. From having 7 check outs, they now have 2.

What did they replace the people with? MACHINES.

You should have seen my face when I was walking out and I see this woman about 75 and she's by this machine (one of 4), that will now take your money.

She had no clue what to do. A man walks over to her and says (and this is a woman, who I guarantee has no computer in her house), and the man says 'place your CVS card on the scanner, then follow prompts, place your item over the scanner and it will scan, then deposit your item in the bag on the left. Then take your coupon and scan it, and then slide it in this opening right here". Then indicate your payment options.

She looked at him like he was crazy.

He then said: 'Oh you are paying cash?, put your coins in the coin thing, and slide your bills in this place here, your change will come out, and your receipt will come out here"

I looked at this machine, I looked at the man and I said: 'So, you are replacing people with machines now" and a clerk came over and said to me "Everyone is saying this, but I'm not losing my job"

I then said "Imagine the jobs that are going to be lost if every store did this" "People need jobs". She didn't understand.

By the way, the banks now do this, the subway stations now do this. Not too many employees, LOTS OF MACHINES.

Technology is taking over BIG time.

So, back to my disclosing tablets. I went to 5 drug stores NO DICE. I went to ebay. NO DICE.

Oh, I can buy it from the United Kingdom, but I'm not doing that.

I'll go back to CVS and see if they can order this for me.

THE MACHINES ARE TAKING OVER

lol lol lol lol

thanks much
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote