View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 12:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face Thank you for listening!

Wow, I am so amazed about the massive support I am getting already from joining this site! I am also inspired by everyone else's experiences and it makes me more determined to keep going after my dreams even while I am dealing with all of this. It is really nice to know that I can go somewhere and talk to people that don't immediately judge me or brush me off ! Sorry, about the time it takes for me to get back to people but I have a lot going on with my school stuff and also dealing with my other health problems but I do read the replies and appreciate them! I also told my therapist that I was talking to other people online with stims and chronic pain and she said it was a great idea because I feel alone in dealing with this and my life has changed dramatically and I guess I am still adjusting. Also, for the time being I am back on my walker because I have to be careful and not fall anymore as it will add to more problems and I don't want my leads to move again! I was using the wheelchair for a while at school but I broke a wheel (the pavement is all messed up there) and now it looks like I am definitely back on the walker which upset me at first because everyone stares but then I got to thinking that it really does not matter what they think and just because I have to use the walker now does not mean it will be forever! Yesterday when I went to campus I held my head a bit higher instead of being embarrassed or ashamed because I am taking care of myself and that is way more important than worrying about my appearance to others I was also nervous because I had to do my teaching demonstration in front of kids and was on a walker and I was afraid of their reactions but it turned out to be a great experience! It also made me realize that I am willing to do anything it takes to be able to get my dream of becoming a teacher and helping children! Well, I am way behind in my music class so I need to work on school work I just wanted to make sure to give a reply so that everyone would know how appreciative I am to have supportive and understanding people listening to me and sharing their experiences with me! I am looking forward to getting to know more about everyone and like I said I am very inspired by your experiences and determination! Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers! Thank you so much Mark56, Rrae, kzlrogue, pooh_ac, and also Burntmarshmallow! You have all made me feel so welcomed and I am so glad that I found this community!

Tara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-22-2010), Rrae (07-22-2010)