View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 02:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cardio and Strength Training

Hello everyone - just joined a few hours ago. I've got BAD problems.

My neuropathy is SO bad, I'm taking 800MG of Gabapentin THREE times daily, and it's STILL not killing the pain. I've been usually tied to fitness, but NOW, I don't want to go NEAR the gym.

When I finish lifting weights, my HANDS and feet ache from the moving the weights. If I'm doing chest presses, or any other exercise that involves pushing heavy weight, my hands reek HAVOC! Sharp, stabbing pains all night. I don't know what to do. I can't even teach my child how to ride her bike because I can't run behind her anymore. The pain is SO bad...

I am a Type II Diabetic (un-diagnosed for SEVERAL years). Here's the thing.

I went to my new doctor (hadn't gone in 10yrs since my old doc died), and she ordered up a physical. I only went because I'm 43 and had not had a prostate exam, and my family was giving me fits about getting it done.

She ordered a HUGE battery of tests (10 vials of blood taken) AFTER the physical exam and found my A1C to be 13. Since I had a fear of needles, she agreed to allow me to try and bring my blood sugar down via diet, exercise, and oral meds. I'm below 200 after meals at all times now. But still only around 100 every now and again. Median is about 140.

I spoke to her briefely about feeling a slight pain (like nerve pain) and numbness while running.

I've noticed that as my blood sugars are coming down the WORSE the neuropathy has become!!!! And NOW, the pain is constant.

Next, sometimes depending on how I'm sitting in a chair or lying down, the pain can be worse. Feels like my hands and feet are asleep and then that graduates to stabbing pains. It's horrible.

Now.. can this TRULY be reversed? And what in addition to the Gabapentin can I take. The bitter melon nor the Gymnemma hardly do anything for my sugars.

I need help.
MAIAHSDAD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote