Old 07-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Hi Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
yes yes YES i DO know the 'straddling the fence' thing!! All too well!
I was very stressed out and frustrated the first 2 days of my trial, and was in PAIN from the trial procedure itself (HUGE needle in the spine!)
plus i felt very 'rushed' with my trial.
I was confused, stressed, hurting, scared all at the same time.....

By day 3, tho things seemed to start falling into place and i ended up having the trial for 3 extra days than what i was scheduled for (thanks to a mixup with their schedule)
I was able to slow down and relax into it more and the needle pain was gone..

I'm wondering maybe yours is set too 'high' or something? What if you used the slowest, less intense setting (you probably already are), but I'm just trying to put myself there at the scene with you.....
That intense pain you get after you turn the stim off is a total bummer.
It's almost as tho your body is reacting with a rebellious 'flare' after having the stim on......?......do you feel at least a 50-75% pain relief when it is turned on?

Please, Lord I pray this evens out..... take the intenseness away....
Bring PEACE into the mix and let Lily get relief!!

Rae

Hi Lily-

During my trial, I turned the thing on and left it on. Of course, my situation is not trigeminal neuralgia and with the back, maybe I could get away with more use. Following on Rae's heels by way of comment, though, I did find that running the device at a very low setting even for sleep still kept the pain monster at bay, then I could turn up the setting for "during the day" stuff. So, my question is whether in a T.N. style use the rep tells you to use the stim sparingly. My guy said to go for it. Use it. Try everything. I did. I felt impressed. Pain was definitely managed during my Trial, so I was SOLD on wanting the permanent implant by my own use during Trial, and I kept a detailed log of the uses, feelings, pain, pain management, and such in order to reflect at the end of seven days with facts for my review.

Hoping and praying this will even out for you,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-22-2010), Rrae (07-23-2010)