Thread: settlement ?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In a WC Claim, you will not get pain and suffering. You will only be paid on the rating your doctor gives you in your MMI. Each % is worth a set amount. And you can get some money for future medical and then Medicare will want a set aside so they don;t get stuck with your bills. There is already a chart that is used by WC on the amount to pay you by the % of disability that the doctor rates you at. I hope the doctor isn't looking out for the best interest of WC when he MMI's you and give's you a rating. Some doctors are considered Workers Comp doctors and will lowball your rating so WC doesnt have to pay you much in your settlement.

Your rating may only get you $5,000 with future medical or maybe $10,000 with future medical closed. Can you afford to pay for your lifetime future medical for the RSD? Which includes all doctors visits, meds, hospital stays, medical equipment, travel expenses to and from the doctor? That $10,000 won't last long then the money comes out of your pocket.

If your lawyer and WC doesn't protect Medicare's interest it can be a $1,000 a day fine until it they do so. And Medicare has cracked down on that.

My WC claim is not for RSD, but I do have RSD from a prior injury and I now as well as you do that unless your a multi - millionaire, you won't be able to pay cash for all your future medical for RSD.

DO NOT CLOSE OUT YOUR FUTURE MEDICAL when you settle.

I will give you an example of what Florida pays per % in a WC claim.

PPD means Permanent Partial Disabilty.

1% -10% including 10% is 2 weeks of PPD
11% - 15% including 15% is 3 weeks of PPD
16% - 20% including 20% is 4 weeks of PPD

SO if your MMI rating lets say is 19% you will be paid another 51 weeks.

Know minus from that 51 weeks your lawyers fees of 25%

You may get paid another 38 weeks. SO every 2 weeks you had been getting lets say $400 from WC...

You may walk away, without settling future medical, about $7,600 (19x400)

Nothing for pain and suffering. Just paid on your MMI rating.
bugguy8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RNcrps2 (07-23-2010)