View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Newbie!

Sounds like you're having a tough time of it. I'm really sorry you're going through this.

There are a number of things to consider about how to handle work. One, of course, is health insurance...and whether you would be eligible for it as a part timer. IVIG is not inexpensive.

Not knowing what your benefits at work are - I would investigate if you could be covered by short term disability...and what the financial implications to you would be. Others here know far more about Social Security Disability - I thought I had read somewhere that in some cases it is possible to go on SSD for an interim period until able to return to a full work schedule (but I could be way off base here).

Trying to go from full time to part time can be tricky. While your neuro may be willing to give you a restricted work order - the company may not have to honor it if they don't currently have part timers on staff. All this is can be so very dependent on the people involved in the decison making in the workplace. How much leeway does company policy and the actual job duties have.

None of this is very helpful for you, I know. It's a tough situation to be in.
Good luck and please keep us posted on how things go.
Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote