Thread: settlement ?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 01:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
Does anyone know what type of settlement is better- a lump sum or structured payments?Are there risks with structural? What medical benefits should i request? Do i push to get RSD included or just use my health ins? Is w/c coverage a pain in the neck to get things covered after settlement?
I'm so afraid- I don't trust anyone. Please give me your input. momof4
I don't know anything know about W/C at all but my case was a personal inquiry law suite and won over a 1/2 million dollars, by the time I paid attorney, doctors for depositions on my behave, graphic people I came home with $405,000.00. My attorney has won top attorney in NJ 10x's in his career incredibla man. Anyway I remember at one of the meetings the insurance company wanted to pay me over time set up a trust or sometype of investment pay over time policy and he just absolutely said NO.I want to a full jury trial over it because they refused to pay and I was very nervous and the jury pool was not the most savy group. Went 4 days in court and then settled and received the above in 30 days....Your attorney and very knowledgable doctors who are willing to work with your attornies is so key...

Good luck don't rush a decision, my attorney made it very clear to me right from the beginning you have to be very patient when you are fight in court.

gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RNcrps2 (07-23-2010)