View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 04:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dysautonomia - anyone been diagnosed with this?

My daughter received her initial concussion back in October and has been dealing with PCS issues since. On Father's day, my daughter fainted in the shower - cut her chin and hit her head again. We went to the ER to get her chin stitched up and they did an EKG. She had abnormal PVC's and sent us to a cardiologist.

Her heart is fine. It's normal to have abnormal PVC's (so why are they considered, abnormal, I don't know). We also discussed the fainting, lightheaded, fatigue and morning issues. These were present prior to the concussion but not to the same extent as they are now. He said that her autonomic nervous system isn't functioning properly. If you have a system that is already struggling when an illness or trauma occurs, it is even harder for their system to recover. This is could explain why it took my daughter a really long time to recover from a mono like virus she had in 7th grade.

There is so much overlap with PCS symptoms - it's hard to know what is what. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this?
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote