Thread: Meltdown
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 02:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm so sorry you both are having such a difficult time. It is so frustrating having to rely on others for the simplest things in life. Humbling when you know you are a strong person normally, aching to be the person you really are though your body won't cooperate.

It is great Hope that your friends and roomate are very understanding of your illness and helpful for you. In that aspect, you have a lot going for you. Knowing that you have people to rely on makes tremendous difference. Though it may not sound like a big deal- it truly is.

Venting here is a good thing. Journaling and writing your feelings in a journal also helps release built up emotions as well. Talking to those around you who do understand can also help. You are so fortunate that you are surrounded by people who 'get it' about the illness. Crying is a good thing too. Crying helps make you feel better.

Yesterday I cried for a long time after my neuro appointment. I was frustrated, angry for not having any answers and still with the waiting game/more tests, feeling guilty for not being able to care for myself or family like I used to do and not having a support system like I wish I had. All I have really is one sister (who is there only part of the time- when she feels like it on her terms) and my DH, who just joined the boat after hearing my neuro is very concerned about my health and thinks something is definitely wrong with my body. No one else that knows me thinks anything is wrong with me because I look 'normal' when I've tried to tell them, so I've given up on telling anyone else.

Hang in there!! Please know you are being thought of and cared about by many people. You are in my thoughts. I hope you are okay today. Hopefully you were able to see your neurologist today and that someone was able to drive you there for the appointment.

Hugs and Lots of Hope-

Coffeegirl
coffeegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote