Thread: Internal Tremor
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 06:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwalton View Post
Invisible-

I have noticed a few of your posts. I also have a weird tremor. When it was finally noticed, it was called Essential Tremor, after doctors ruled out the more harmful things they could think of. The visible tremor is not always there, but I can feel the shaking even when no one can see. Right this second it is pretty under control, but I am not holding my breath to see if it lasts. Anyway-

You ask about Lyme disease and tremor, and I have also wondered about a relationship. What I have found is that Lyme disease can flush magnesium out of the body somehow- and the lack of magnesium can lead to tremor, and a host of other weird neurologic sensations.

From lymebook.com/lyme-disease-diet-and-supplements-vitamin-a-b-c-magnesium

“Magnesium: Both Lyme and Bartonella significantly deplete the body’s supply of magnesium. Magnesium is one of the most important mineral nutrients necessary for good health, and also one of the minerals that Americans in general are most commonly deficient in. The recommended daily intake of magnesium for healthy people is 400 mg per day, but the sad reality is that the average American gets about half that amount per day. The best nutritional sources include green foods, especially collards and chard (magnesium is to chlorophyll what iron is to hemoglobin), orange-colored foods, nuts, chocolate, figs, apricots, coconut, bran, oats, beans, and legumes.

Most widely known for its ability to support the health of the bones, heart, skeletal muscles, and teeth, magnesium also plays essential roles in the maintenance and repair of all body cells, energy production, hormone regulation, nerve transmission, and the metabolism of proteins and nucleic acids. It also helps to reverse muscular tension and is involved in the functioning of literally hundreds of the body’s enzymatic reactions. A lack of magnesium can also contribute to immune system dysfunction, depression, fatigue, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gastrointestinal problems, irregular heartbeat, memory problems, mood swings, muscle spasms and twitching, and motor skill problems. “

Hope that helps. . . I am still trying to figure out what causes my tremor. Magnesium controlled it for a while, but it is helping less as time goes on.

Good Luck!!
RB Walton - Thanks for your reply. Have you been dx'd with Lyme disease?
Where is your tremor and when does it occur? Mine is when I am resting, not at all in movement. Mine is only on one side that is why I am so worried about Parkinsons, for which there is no test, it is dx'd by clinical observation and because mine is internal that is possible right now.

Sorry for more ?'s.......but scared & worried.
invisable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote