Thread: Meltdown
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

coffegirl,

you write-

I'm not sure if I have MG or not but my symptoms are definitely there.

the exact name is not that important (as Julia said to Romeo- what's in a name, that which we call a rose, would under any name smell as sweet).

What you said was very informative. How do you get to the level of acceptance to where you are at? How do you get family and friends to understand the illness?

a lot of hard work, and learning, and the decission that if your life is not worth living like that, it means that you have to make it worth living

We have had situations before where we have needed assistance and understanding of medical situations and family/friends did not 'get it' at all. This really has me concerned. I h ave a feeling they will just take one look at me and laugh. All they will see is- 'hypochondriac'.

one of the roles of medical personel is to help patients and their loved ones, to understand their illness and what it involves. this is unfortunately very promlematic with those kind of illnesses

I've dealt with the symptoms for over five years. It has taken that long to get a dx. They all think it is in my head. It took my DH til yesterday to figure that out. Definitely- not sure how I will be able to get help or support in my situation and right now it is very bad.

it took me that many years if not more. that is why I promised myself to do everything within my (limited abilities) to change the way things are. don't despair, just keep on searching for someone who will understand your illness, and at the same time learn about it as much as you can, and what ever happens don't let anyone make you doubt yourself, and your coping abilities, at least not for long

If it is the right dx, I hope the medicine will help it get better to some degree. I'm really worried- I have asthma really bad. That scares me a lot.

diagnosis is important as a first step for treatment, but either way you need to recieve proper supportive care, that will help you function optimally in your daily activities. could your asthma be respiratory muscle involvement? has ever been checked?

alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote