View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Donna,

you mentioned in the other thread the pharmacy offered to give you a few seroquel to tide you over but you declined it because you thought he had some. but he doesn't. i bet if you go back to the pharmacy and tell them you realized he is out, that they will still make good on the offer to give you some.

i would call both Medco and Medicaid. Ask Medco why the insurance was cancelled and what would it take to get it reinstated with continuous coverage.

the Zonegran is going to be a pain... dunno if you can get samples maybe monday from the doc's. meanwhile something that might help Derrick - passing on a suggestion from Sue (Porkette) from the E forum, who took part in a study regarding the role of brain temperature, yawning, and seizures. the basic conclusions were that seizures are often associated with increased brain temperature. Sue has found that applying a cold wet cloth to her face and neck 3 or more times a day helps reduce her seizures. also does Derrick eat a lot of starchy/sugary foods and/or consume nutrasweet (could augment seizures)? finally does he take B supplements - in some cases B12 - but i've also heard B6 from another poster ... best to give a full B complex, can help reduce seizures. the last two things might not have an immediate effect, but the cold cloth will, because it keeps brain temp down. here is a post from Sue, where she talks about it: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post677488-10.html

if you need more information on that, or on her experience in the study, please post to Sue (Porkette) on E, or pm her in which case tell her waves sent you.

Another poster there, Tattoo, has some experience with getting meds through different local resources. here is a recent post on that: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post647691-3.html

good luck with everything, Donna. i'm sorry this is happening to you and to Derrick. i hope he holds up ok. you hang in there. i know you will get it worked out.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-24-2010), Mari (07-24-2010), mymorgy (07-24-2010)