View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Reading this list of symptoms is very painful.

I don't think you are "crazy".

There can be a common neurological thread here, for you, and it is low B12 levels. When B12 gets into the very low range, nerves all thru the body fail to work right.

There is even a show on Mystery Diagnosis on Discovery Channel about a woman who had similar problems and became unable to function at all. She went to many many doctors over a 10+ yr period and NOT ONE tested her B12.

She finally found a woman doctor who she saw on another Mystery Diagnosis show, and went to her out of desperation. This doctor tested her, and started treatment immediately when the low B12 was found. (in the low 200's range). Our lab ranges in this country, are antiquated and the new minimum is 400.

Low B12 causes a type of dizziness, where when you close your eyes, you cannot stand upright. It is a kind of vertigo. I believe it is called Romberg's Sign.
Here is my B12 thread, please read it.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread85103.html

Many people with neuropathy have low B12. So that is why the thread is where it is.

Also I'd investigate Gluten intolerance. This problem is very common and can cause global neurological symptoms.
http://sites.google.com/site/jccglutenfree/

I have seen some posters in the past with suspected MS, really have gluten problems instead. Going on the gluten free diet, fixed them up back to normal. So please consider that as well.
Low B12 may accompany gluten intolerance because when the GI tract malfunctions and becomes inflamed, it can no longer absorb nutrients from food or vitamins. This is called malabsorption, and occurs with other nutrients as well, like other B vits, and magnesium, calcium, etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (07-24-2010)