View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

I take Mestinon and it works amazingly well to keep the worst of my MG symptoms at a minimum. I am currently taking 15 mg three times per day. I have taken more in the past, up to 120 mg per day, but luckily for me my MG has improved slightly in recent times.

If I take more Mestinon than what I need, I get worse symptoms that if I don't take enough. Too much Mestinon gives me muscles twitches, muscle cramps sometimes muscles so tight and painful they won't function, and worst of all the Mestinon makes my heart pound fast and hard which is very scary(this seems to be a rare side effect)...so I try to take the smallest dose that helps.

I have always been sensitive to medicine, so that is probably a factor in me needing such a small dose of Mestinon.

I only take Mestinon for my MG.

I have found that diet changes and vitamins help, too, but nothing makes the MG symptoms go away completely.

Taking Mestinon with a meal and drinking plenty of water seem to help the other side effects from mestinon, especially the diarrhea and mouth watering.

If I do too much physical or emotional activity, then I get tired and the Mestinon won't help...rest is the only thing that helps when I overdo it.

Mestinon has been a lifesaver for me.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wondergirl (07-24-2010)