View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow- Everytime I come back here and read posts there is always something new to learn. I'm so thankful for that from all of you! You all are so supportive as well.

One thing that is so ironic about the Vitamin B12 situation. I've been taking it since January along with my Migraine medications including Magnesium. Not sure what to think of that. However, I've been on the low salt diet and that really didn't do much for any change in the vertigo. So, it really makes me wonder about the Gluten Diet/Celiac Disease. Hmm... That I am going to ask the Neuro on Tuesday. And, I'm going to look into it today when I'm not able to do anything but 'oh yes- sit'- because I'm not able to function like most usual days of the typical week.

At this point, I will try absolutely anything to feel better. I just woke up. Last night, I was so dizzy/vertigo that I was clining to the wall to walk. The same exact thing- when I woke up this morning. It just gets so old. The best time I feel well- Is only when I'm in the sitting position or sleeping. It is so upsetting.

Does the medicine or treatments help?

A heavy dose of Valium helps my vertigo only for about two hours but it does not help the nausea or my swallowing problem. This morning I had difficulty eating cereal. That is really disturbing. It has been one of the few foods I've not had any problems eating. Now I'm getting down to a limited variety of foods I can eat. Even though I've not lost any weight- the neuro does not think I'm - still eating a lot- but I'm not at all. My metabolism is just really screwed up from other meds I take and lack of exercise (which I am used to doing from years of habit).

Well, I am going to take advantage of feeling good- oh- yeah- that means I can take a shower and not fall down for at least five- ten minutes. And mabye do a load of laundry- but usually bending over to do that causes me to fall over. That task- is a little frightening at this point of lately. Has this happened to any of you?

If only there was a little fairy who went thru the house and waved her magic wand and clean the house, cook, get groceries and do other things that are difficult to do- wow, it would really help a lot. But that is just not reality- it was a nice thought though!!! LOL I am determined every day to set very small goals- and if I acheive those small goals then I will be happy with myself. That is what I thought thru last night when I couldn't sleep. It is the only way to survive all of these strange symptoms.

Coffeegirl
coffeegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote