View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wonder - - you and I are incredibly similar!!

I'm seroneg and barely 'passed' sfemg. Neuro almost didn't put me on Mestinon because the initial 'trial dose' (30 mg) test in their office had me commenting (after 20 minutes or so) that I felt like I had just drunk too much wine! A bizarre 'brain buzz' swept over me!! But then they retested my muscle strength - - and I was like the Incredible Hulk compared to without the Mestinon!!

So they said MG for sure and gave me script for 30mg 3x daily. I cut that in half to lessen the brain buzz and took it 5x daily. After many months, I started 30mg and the brain buzz was much less and the benefits much better. (Now I can take 60mg in one dose - but usually only do that when I'm going to play golf in the heat!)

I have never had any other side effects and the brain buzz incidents are nowhere near as dramatic as in the beginning (perhaps because they don't frighten me anymore). It's just weird that I can actually feel the drug 'kick in' every time I take it. My hubby calls it my fix!!

Hope this helps you in some way. I'm actually happy to have a short 'brain buzz' over the other nasty side effects I've heard some here reference!!

Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote